You are here
The Law Library is located in the Joseph and Bessie Gerber Glass Law Center on the North Broadway campus in White Plains, New York. The library is open to all current Pace students, faculty, and staff, as well as to Pace graduates. It is also open to students and faculty of WALDO full and associate member schools with valid school ID, to students and faculty of METRO institutions with valid ID and completed METRO card, and to students and faculty of ALLDOG schools with valid school ID and completed "green pass" or semester courtesy pass. METRO cards and WALDO IDs will not be honored during law school exams and the exam study period. For the fall 2014 semester, this runs from Nov. 15, 2014 through Jan. 4, 2015. Additionally, current law students with a valid ID from any U.S. law school, except Columbia and NYU, may access the Law Library to study. A student who has graduated is no longer considered a current student.
Members of the public may use federal government depository materials in the Law Library for free when a reference librarian is present, but must purchase access cards on a daily or yearly basis to access any other materials in the library. Access cards will entitle the purchasers to use all of the Law Library's facilities other than the computer lab and study rooms. There are six public access computers available to the public; all other computers are restricted to Pace Law student use. Reference service is included, but card holders may not borrow materials. An additional fee confers membership in Friends of Pace Law Library which does include borrowing privileges and fee-based document delivery services. Pace Law Library rules and policies may be found on our website.
The Law Library's access fee schedule is as follows:
- Access to Federal Depository materials only: NO CHARGE
- Other graduates of Pace may have daily access with any photo ID and validation of graduate status: NO CHARGE
- Pace Law graduates access-only card (Law grads may bring an associate or research assistant along with them. However, their access card does not include borrowing privileges or other services.): NO CHARGE
- Daily individual access-only card: $25.00
- Annual discounted membership in Friends for Pace Law graduates only (includes borrowing privileges and all other Friends' services): $100.00
- Annual individual membership in Friends without access to the Law Library: $150.00
- Annual individual access only card (does not include borrowing privileges or other services): $450.00
- Annual individual membership in Friends (includes access, borrowing privileges and all other Friends' services):$600
- Annual law firm/corporate membership (includes up to four individual cards) in Friends of Pace Law Library (additional individual corporate access cards cost $200 each): $1800.00
Annual charges are prorated quarterly. Call the Circulation Desk at (914) 422-4273 for details. The yearly access contract is available here.
Pace Law graduates and persons paying for access should get a temporary ID and patron information card at the Circulation Desk of the Law Library. Pace OneCard Department personnel will take your picture and give you your permanent ID in exchange for your patron identification card. These materials should be brought to the OneCard Office on the first floor of Aloysia Hall, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please call the OneCard Office at (914) 422-4318 to confirm their hours.