You are here
Welcome to the Summer International Environmental Law Institute!
We are pleased to invite lawyers, judges, interested professionals, and select students from around the world to join us in New York City to learn about environmental law. We take great pride in our world-class environmental law program and are excited to share it with new colleagues and friends through this special summer program!
This series of intensive courses provides participants with a working understanding of several important and dynamic areas of international and comparative environmental law:
- Introduction to International Environmental Law (June 9-13, 2014) - Registration closed
- Climate Change & Displacement (June 16-20, 2014) - Registration closed
- Introduction to Environmental Issues at the United Nations (June 23-27, 2014) - Registration closed
- Ocean & Coastal Law (US & International) (June 30 - July 11, 2014) - Registration closed
- Wind Energy Law & Policy (US & UK) (July 14-18, 2014) - Registration closed
- Brazil Environmental Law (July 21-25, 2014) - Registration closed
Participants may choose to take a single course or the entire series and may also receive certficates of completion. Each course includes a field component, in which faculty take participants out of the classroom and into the surrounding area to get an insider's view of how environmental law operates in the real world.
Enjoy the rich cultural diversity of New York while getting to know colleagues from around the globe! Classes take place from 1:00-4:00 pm or from 6:00-9:00 pm at the Fred French Building in midtown Manhattan, just a few blocks from Grand Central and in the center of one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Reasonably-priced lodging is available by reservation at the Pace Law School campus in White Plains, NY. Participants may also seek out housing in New York City.
Please see the links on the left-hand navigation bar for more details and do not hesitate to contact Laura Jensen with questions.
We welcome the applications of qualified upper-class undergraduate students who would like to participate in our summer courses.
Some summer school courses may be applied towards an LL.M. in Environmental Law at Pace.