You are here
Taryn L. Rucinski
Adjunct Professor of Law
B.A., The College of New Jersey
J.D., Pace University School of Law (certificate in environmental law)
M.L.I.S., St. John’s University
Professor Rucinski is the former Environmental Law Librarian for the Pace Law Library. She graduated cum laude with her B.A. in history from The College of New Jersey in 1999, cum laude from Pace with her J.D. and certificate in environmental law in 2010, and cum laude with her M.L.I.S. from St. John’s University Division of Library and Information Science in 2012. During law school she was the editor in chief for the Pace Environmental Law Review and a semi-finalist for the Pace Moot Court Competition. As a law student she also interned with Magistrate Judge Lisa Margaret Smith, S.D.N.Y., the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, and the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic. Prior to attending law school, she worked as a state investigator with New Jersey Attorney General’s Office.
Professor Rucinski’s legal research specialty areas include: environmental and cultural heritage law, legal history, and New York law. Her list of publications can be found here.
Advanced Research Skills/Environmental Law
- An Environmental Legal Practitioner’s Guide to EPA’s Website, 42 Envtl. L. Rep. 10416 (2012).
- 2009 Judges’ Edition Memorandum, 26 Pace Envtl. L. Rev. 541 (2009).
- Lincoln at Pace Law School, LH&RB (AALL Legal History & Rare Books Special Interest Sec.), Summ. 2012, at 30 (with Marie Stefanini Newman).
- The Start of Something Beautiful… St. John’s University’s Division of Library and Information Science Inaugural Student, Alumni and Faculty Symposium, 31 ALL-SIS Newsl. (AALL Acad. L. Libr. Special Interest Sec.), no. 2, 2012, at 17.
- A Brief Guide to Hydraulic Fracturing in New York State, 35 Law Lines (LLAGNY), no. 1, 2011, at 11.
- Archive Spotlight: Water Resources Collections and Archives, 17 LH&RB (AALL Legal History & Rare Books Special Interest Sec.), no.2, 2011, at 16.
- The Davis Library: An Archive Advocacy Proposal, St. John’s Univ. Research Day at the Queens Campus D’Angelo Center (Apr. 19, 2012).
- An Environmental Legal Practitioner’s Guide to the EPA’s Website: http://www.epa.gov, St. John’s Univ. Div. of Libr. & Info. Sci. Spring Symposium at the Manhattan Campus Saval Auditorium (Mar. 24, 2012).
- Environmental Crimes Legal Research Guide, ASTAR Judges’ Science School on Technologies for the Detection of Environmental Crimes at the NY State Judicial Institute (Oct. 26-28, 2011).