You are here
IUCN World Conservation Congress
2016 World Conservation Congress
At the International Union for the Conservation of Nature's (IUCN) 2016 World Conservation Congress in Honolulu, Hawaii, a delegation from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, including faculty, alumni, staff and students, joined thousands of other world leaders in environmental law to take part in workshops, events, and votes on critical sustainability and conservation issues. In partnership with the William S. Richardson School of Law at University of Hawaii, Pace Law held an international environmental law moot court focused on intergenerational climate justice and the international law response to the global climate crisis.
- Read about the historic importance of the IUCN and the 2016 World Conservation Congress here.
- See details of Pace Law's planned participation in the press release: Pace University’s Elisabeth Haub School of Law to Take Center Stage at the IUCN World Conservation Congress.
- Learn about our student delegation's work and experiential learning at the 2016 World Conservation Congress in: Students Make Waves at the IUCN World Conservation Congress.
News and Commentary
- A Dawn for Recovering Customary Environmental Law
- See our student delegation making headlines in the news on the controversial South China Sea Motion: Creation of marine park in South China Sea sought; PELR IUCN Congress Press Release; ThinkTech Interview; Enviro groups: Declare 'marine peace park' in South China Sea; Sad times for conservation.
- Hearsay: To Move the Planet Beyond the "Crossroads" Towards Conservation
- Storify: Pace Law Students at the IUCN in Hawaii
- Pace Law Exhibition Booth Posters: Poster 1; Poster 2
- Parallel Event: Intergenerational Climate Justice for the International Court of Justice (“ICJ4ICJ”) Moot Court (renamed the “Tony Oposa Intergenerational Moot Court”) - See the Video
- Workshop: The Future of the Principle of Non-Regression
- Workshop: The Role of Local Government in Bottom-Up Climate Change Action
- Side Event: Book Launch Event – for:
- IUCN WCEL Programme: A Planet Under Siege
- IUCN WCEL Programme: Judges and Nature
- Workshop: Inter-Generational Climate Justice Moot Court
- Knowledge Café: Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy and the Conservation of Nature – In cooperation with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Side Event: Post-Café Forum – Realizing the Economic Advantages of Clean Energy for the Conservation of Nature: A Mandate for IUCN – Sponsored by IRENA, the William S. Richardson School of Law at University of Hawaii, and the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law
- 046: Securing the future for global peatlands – Approved and adopted during the 1st Sitting of Members’ Assembly
- 087: Request for an Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on the principle of sustainable development in view of the needs of future generations – Approved and adopted during the 1st Sitting of Members’ Assembly
- 098: Energy efficiency and renewable energy to promote the conservation of nature – Approved and adopted during the 1st Sitting of Members’ Assembly
- Conservation in the South China Sea: Rule 52(c) Motion; Appeal of the Negative Decision
- 2008 World Conservation Congress - Barcelona, Spain
- 2004 World Conservation Congress - Bangkok, Thailand
- 2000 World Conservation Congress - Amman, Jordan
- 1996 World Conservation Congress - Montreal, Canada
- 19th General Assembly, 1994 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 18th General Assembly, 1990 - Perth, Australia
- 17th General Assembly, 1988 - San José, Costa Rica