You are here
Visiting Scholar Policy
Office of Responsibility: Dean’s office, ext. 4407
- Only the Dean of the Law School (or designee) shall invite any Visiting Scholar to the Law School.
Members of the faculty or staff who are interested in having an invitation issued should consult with the Dean of the Law School (or designee) before approaching any potential Visiting Scholar. All invitations will be preceded by a brief application by the person proposing the visit. The application will include:
- A copy of the proposed Visiting Scholar’s resume or curriculum vitae and, if appropriate, evidence of competence in the English language (typically a TOEFL score of 100 or greater);
- a short explanation of the benefits of and rationale for the visit and a research proposal or a statement detailing the topic of proposed research;
- a description of any expected expenses that may be incurred by the Law School in connection with the visit; and
- the length and exact dates of the visit.
- Visiting Scholars shall be invited by the Dean of the Law School only after it is determined that it is in the best interests of the Law School.
- Visiting Scholars are not entitled to office space or use of a dedicated computer. Nor shall they be provided with access to online resources including Lexis and Westlaw unless the Law School’s agreements with those vendors permit Visiting Scholars to access those resources. Visiting Scholars may be provided with accounts to the Law School network so that they will have access to email and the Internet.
- Visiting Scholars will have free physical access to the Law Library (but not borrowing privileges, interlibrary loan, or document delivery services). They shall be responsible for all their own printing, photocopying, and scanning expenses as well for any costs incurred to replace or repair library materials lost or damaged by them.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for complying with the Pace University Guiding Principles of Conduct, published in the Student Handbook at http://www.pace.edu. They will receive Pace University IDs and must carry them when on campus.