You are here
Learning from Professionals.
Pace Law School also offers field placements with legal service providers, public interest organizations, government agencies, and private firms that offer first-hand exposure to a professional work environment. Externships allow you to gain experience from daily interactions with mentoring attorneys and their colleagues. Spending at least 12 hours per week for 14 weeks working under the supervision of legal professionals, you will assist with case-related tasks and become familiar with administrative and courtroom proceedings.
Externship opportunities accommodate a wide range of fields and interests, including environmental law, prosecution of criminal offenses, policy and advocacy on behalf of public interest organizations, and civil advocacy on behalf of the disadvantaged. Regular progress reports from your supervisors, participation in weekly seminars, and faculty tutorials help you maximize the benefits of your externship experience. In addition, fieldwork gives you the chance to form relationships with professionals in your specific field of interest.
- Corporate Law Externship
- Environmental Law Externship (New York)
- Environmental Law Externship (Washington DC)
- Family Court Externship
- Federal Judicial Extern Honors Program
- Honors Prosecution Externship
- International Trade Externship
- Legal Services/Public Interest/Health Law Externship
- Prosecution Externship
- State Court Judicial Externship
- Summer Externship Abroad
- United Nations Environmental Diplomacy Externship